Estes Park is a gorgeous location for a wedding, but the fall season seems to enhance the park’s beauty. The fall colors contrasted with the Rocky Mountains make for a beautiful backdrop for your big day. We’ve hosted many incredible fall weddings in Estes Park at Black Canyon Inn, and we’d love for your ceremony to be next. To make planning for your big day a little easier, we’ve created a guide with some tips on how you can have the perfect fall wedding in Estes Park.
Estes Park Fall Wedding Guide
Before you walk down the aisle and exchange “I do’s,” there are some things you need to know about planning a fall wedding in Estes Park. These tips will help you have the wedding ceremony of your dreams in Estes Park.
- Don’t Count on Good Weather: As you probably already know, the Colorado weather can change at the drop of a hat. As such, you should prepare for unideal weather conditions for your wedding. Luckily, one of our wedding venues, The Homestead, has a roof, ensuring rain won’t be an issue for your wedding.
- Blankets Are a Small Gift Guests Will Appreciate: This tip ties into the previous tip about weather perfectly; consider providing your guests with blankets. Blankets will help your guests stay warm and comfortable regardless of the weather. Plus, they make a nice take-home gift; they’ll think of your unforgettable wedding in Estes Park every time they cover up with it.
- Get Into the Fall Spirit: You’re having a wedding in the fall; embrace that by getting into the fall spirit. Consider serving fall favorites, like cider, hot chocolate, pumpkin pie, and apple tarts. Beyond your food and beverages, you can enfold the spirit of fall into your wedding with your centerpieces and decorations. Leaves, pumpkins, and other fun fall symbols can help give your wedding the fall feeling for which you’re aiming. Get creative; there are plenty of ways you can tailor your wedding for fall.
- Try a Rustic Theme: Fall in the Rockies is the perfect time for a rustic-themed wedding. A rustic wedding theme pairs well with the centerpiece ideas mentioned previously. The Boulders at Black Canyon Inn provides rustic elegance to your wedding, making it the perfect wedding venue for incorporating a rustic theme.
- Use One of the Best Estes Park Wedding Photographers: You’re going to want an Estes Park area expert and master photographer to capture memories of your wedding. Luckily, we know the best photographers in the area. We recommend working with Lara Photography, Visual Poetry by Meghan, Chris Gentile Photography, KJ & Rob, or All Digital Photo & Digital.
Idyllic Wedding Venues in Estes Park
Do you need to book a venue for your wedding in Estes Park? At Black Canyon Inn, we have two incredible venues that will help make your big day even more special. To book your wedding with us, fill out the form at the bottom of our wedding page or call us at 970-966-5574.